Here's the best solution I've found.

Take five tapes and name them Monday thru Friday.

Write a script that does a full backup of your server every night. Make it
back up every Monday to the Monday tape, every Tuesday to the Tuesday tape,
etc.

Write a Backup Server that starts 5 minutes after the full backup every
night, and tell it to back up your workstations  to any of the five tapes.
You can let it run all weekend too.

This way you'll always have a week's worth of full daily backups of your
server, and you'll always be resetting the tape each time it's used.
Workstations will get backed up to the same five backup sets as time and
space permit. Nothing is done incrementally, which makes it easier to keep
track of what data is on which tape.

This makes offsite backup work better too, because if you take home last
night's tape you always know you have a full copy of your server in case of
disaster.

top of the world,

Luke Jaeger, Technology Coordinator
Disney Magazine Publishing
Northampton, Massachusetts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and may not represent the
opinions of Disney Publishing, etc etc etc.

*