I suggested these a while back, but figured couldn't hurt to try again.

It would be nice to be able to make segmented backup file sets,
similar to what is done when backing up to removable media that holds
more than 2GB. Ideally, the segment size would be configurable by the
user (similar to what Stuffit Deluxe allows) in the preferences, but
also allowing the value to be overridden by individual
backups/scripts. This would be especially useful to those of us still
running pre-OS9 systems. It would also be useful when making one-off
backups. It would allow the primary backup to process just the
segment that had been changed (which would tend to be smaller than a
backup file set as currently implemented).

When the program puts up the 'Execution Errors' window it should
include the client name that generated these errors. Currently, the
highest level of identifying information is the volume name. Right
now, after my script runs I can get 30 of 40 of these windows. In the
case of the Macintosh clients, since they tend to have unique volume
names, I can usually figure out which client(s) had the errors.
However, for my Windows clients, all I get is a drive letter (doesn't
seem to matter if that drive has a volume name associated with it or
not). Tends to make figuring out which computer I need to visit some
what more problematical. I realize that I can go to the log (which I
usually do), but if an error notification window is going to be
displayed, then it should display enough information to identify the
client in question.

Some else suggested this several months back, but how about adding a
progress bar to the client's status window? And also identify the
volume that's currently being backed up? I'm thinking this would
allow the end user to make a more informed choice before they just
clicked the Cancel button.

I also second Jeffry's suggestion for a 'skip' button, in addition to
the 'pause' and 'stop' buttons, in the progress/status window. There
have been times when that would have been extremely useful.

Michael Gaines                    snail mail: Learning Technology Center
Computer System Administrator                 Box 45, GPC
                                               Nashville, TN 37203
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   (615) 322-2480

"... there is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous
to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead
in the introduction of a new order of things."