Not a solution, but something the 5200 and 6200 have in common that
the 6100 does not... IDE.

Also, the 5200 and 6200 don't have on-motherboard Ethernet.  It's a
card for those, right?

Something to look at anyway.   Maybe try a SCSI boot drive and
disconnect the IDE to see if that is the solution/problem.