I had a backup 'crash' Friday night. I was recycling the media. It
appears to have hung up while backing up a Win95 PC, the log gave this
message:

                Can't read file "C:\Program Files\Timbuktu Pro\Personal.tbk", error
-49
(file busy).

As you see, Timbuktu is running on the PC, but this isn't normally a
problem. But that's not my question.

I attempted to run an immediate backup this morning, received the
following message:

                Catalog out of sync with backup set "Fourth Friday".
                Use Tools>Repair>Update Existing from the Directory window.

I tried repairing the catalog, but it was taking too long, so I decided I
would try and skip using the 1-Fourth Friday tape, and have Retrospect
use new media, naming it 2-Fourth Friday. When I tried I received this
message:

     The tape cannot be added to this backup set, it is too different
from the other media
     in the set.

I tried erasing the tape, to no avail. Tried another tape, to no avail.

What does this message mean? What am I doing wrong?

Doug Hinschberger
Administrative Services Manager
Stroud's Auto Rebuild

[EMAIL PROTECTED]