Doug Hinschberger (me) <quoted>

>I tried repairing the catalog, but it was taking too long, so I decided I
>would try and skip using the 1-Fourth Friday tape, and have Retrospect
>use new media, naming it 2-Fourth Friday. When I tried I received this
>message:
>
>     The tape cannot be added to this backup set, it is too different
>from the other media
>     in the set.
>
>I tried erasing the tape, to no avail. Tried another tape, to no avail.
>
>What does this message mean? What am I doing wrong?

Then Andrew responded to Brian:

>The problem I realised was to do with the hardware compression settings
>having being accidentally altered on the drive, between tapes.

Which appears to also answer my question. I do think that I had changed
the compression setting somewhere in the chronology.

I didn't find anything about this in the manual, so you guys at Dantz
might consider a blurb about this in a future update.

Doug Hinschberger
Administrative Services Manager
Stroud's Auto Rebuild

[EMAIL PROTECTED]