At 14:11 15.09.00 +0200, Hauke Fath wrote:
>Next problem is that I do not appear to get the StartSource/EndSource
>events from RS that the "External Scripts/Quit Exchange Bat" example uses;
>All I see are StartApp/EndApp events and  MediaRequest events (several,
>although RS can access the tape just fine).

Experimenting further, I ran Retrospect through a full use cycle:

         Start Retrospect
         Define Backup Set
         Erase Tape
         Start immediate backup
         Quit Retrospect

and I got the events

         StartApp
         MediaRequest
         MediaRequest
         MediaRequest
         MediaRequest
         EndApp

-- sending "MediaRequest" four times when a suitable tape is in the drive
looks like a bug, no?

         hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        Tangro Software Components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg