Hi,

I am in the process of setting up Retrospect 5.1 for backing up a SAP
R/3 server. R/3 and the associated DB2 server are brought down by an
external script and brought up again after the RS backup script has
finished.

The Monday backup script ran just fine. Tuesday's backup, now, was
different: Retrospect started the Tuesday script at 22h00 (I got mail
from the external script that shut down R/3), then the log says
"Copying NT (C:)", and that was it until 08h00 when the script was
terminated as specified.

No error message, no indication of anything missing or broken. As the
server in question is not exactly a toy, I find this silent denial of
service rather disquieting.

Has anybody else seen anything like this from Retrospect when
accessing a local disk?

        hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        tangro software components GmbH
                                         D-69115 Heidelberg