on 10/17/00 11:42 AM, Matt Barkdull at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Do you have the mail function of ASIP running?
> Do you have a filter set in Retrospect to not backup the mail folder?
> I can guaranty that if you are trying to backup that folder, that's
> where it is locking up.  Mine did the same thing.

Yes, we're running the mailserver, but we've always backed up that file and
it's never caused problems before now. Plus, the log shows 88 files/12Mb
remaining to backup, and the mail database is close to 700Mb, so that's not
the file that's dying. I suspect it is a preference file, but I'd rather use
the sharpshooter approach rather than the shotgun approach.

Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 * Fax 979.845.2157 * Hip 979.229.4323
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>