I am using Retrospect 4.3 for Mac with an Aiwa TD-8001 tape drive. The drive
has dual heads, apparently so that it can do read after write, eliminating
the need for the whole second verification run after the backup.

Does Retrospect support this feature? Read after write capability would
dramatically cut down on the backup time. I can't seem to find any mention
of it, though.

Also, Retrospect is recognizing my drive as a TD-8000, if that makes a
difference or not.

--
Seth D. Mattinen  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://roller.reno.nv.us/
PGP Key: http://seth.mattinen.org/pgp.php