I have a backup job that backs up several servers during the night.  One of
these servers has a SQL database that will not back up properly unless the
NT SQLBase service is stopped first.  I went thru the support docs and they
all talk about external scripting?  Is there a simple way that I can stop a
Windows NT service prior to backup of this server and then start it up again
after backup.  I know about the "net stop service" command but have no clue
how to implement within retrospect.  Also, I'm backing up 10 servers in this
script so it would best if I could stop this service immediately before
backing the SQL server and then start the service immediately after backup
of this server is complete.  Sometimes my backup jobs run into the morning
hours so I can't afford to have this service stopped during the entire

Any ideas??