On 11/7/00 3:26 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] thus spake:

>(BTW -- if it were me with three computers, I would probably put a tape
>drive on one of the computers and have the reports sent to me via email so I
>could monitor the status of the backups. I just do this with one computer --
>mine -- with a subset of the data.)

     Heh heh-try walking one of MY end users through dealing with tapes
and such... It gives me a raging headache just thinking about it... ;-)

     Since they're about 400 miles away, having full remote access
through VPN is *much* nicer(got TB2 on 'em as well, which rocks). As I
said, by backing up *only* documents, we keep the bandwidth within an
acceptable level for nighttime use. As for the OS, if the unit completely
dies we'll just fedex a clean one to 'em-after restoring their files from
the local backup set... As a result, I too never do a full backup over
the DSL-which I concede would be akin to madness...

Peace,
Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Linux Geek,     *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Linux Consultant       *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org