Hi Malcolm,

I'm afraid there isn't a much cleaner way to do the type of rotation that
you're after. Retrospect's rotation logic works on regular intervals, and as
you've seen it's basically trying to do two backups on the last Saturday in
months when the 4th Saturday and the last Saturday are the same. Your
backups to the 4th tape are completing successfully, although the "failure"
reported in the log (referring to the 5th tape) might be confusing if the
tape changer isn't expecting it.

Regards,

Irena Solomon
Dantz Technical Support