From: jakob krabbe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 1:34 AM
To: retro-talk
Subject: uplinking slowdown

How much speed is wasted when uplinking 100MBit swiches?

He have just expended and the back-up used to be something like 70 MB / min
and now it's down to less than 40 MB / min!

[backup switch] <- [main switch] -> [basement switch]

The arrows indicates the uplink.

Backup switch is an Asante, the main is a D-Link and the basement switch is
an Intelswitch.

This post is more a network issue rather than Retrospect but I don't know
where to turn and I know there are many networking geeks on this list! :-)

thanx,

/ jakob