What I do is mount the backup volume as a shared volume. To get
around the password, I use the keychain in Mac OS9 and retrospect
will then mount it then dismount it when it is finished. I use tar to
well, tar the library so I backup the preferences and mail with the
access rights intact. It seems to work, not efficient but it works.

Michael Kennard

>Hi All,
>
>Just a quick question - sorry if this is a repeat (I couldn't find any
>archives for the listserv - honestly!!)  I was just wondering if Retrospect
>4.3 for the Mac can backup OSX?  Any development happening there?
>Please feel free to reply to me privately.
>
>Best wishes for the holiday season,
>Sam
>

>--
>
>For urgent issues, please contact Dantz technical support directly at
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] or 925.253.3050.

Manager Internal Support Worldwide
Reef Corporate
Level 1, 397 Riley Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010, AUSTRALIA
tel +61 (0)2 9213 3223 * fax +61 (0)2 9212 4605 * mobile +61 (0)402 130 132
www.reef.com