Situation.

Some computers would be locked up in the morning when folks came in. It
appeared to be sleeping but couldn't be awakened.

I normally set all desktops to turn off at 5:30am to allow time for the
backup but have them off over weekends and holidays. (This is in
multiple offices.)

I finally figured out that it was likely the retro client waiting for
shutdown. If the energy saver turns off the monitor, then does an
automatic shutdown, AND the retro client is set to wait you get STUCK.
(Well I guess you could move the mouse a little at a time trying to hit
one of the buttons.)

So I've been trying to remember to turn off the DEFAULT wait at shutdown
that you get when you install a client but is there a way out of this
when it does happen?