The usual means of doing this would be using selectors.
(i.e. create a "cool items" selector and then setting the script to
not back up items chosen by that selector)
There are details on using them in the manual.

If this is what you have alreay done, and your
files are getting backed up anyway,
you might want to double-check your selector
(getting the right choices can be sticky)

-HTH

/P

--
Philip Chonacky, IT Manager