hmmm, is there anywhere that the error may be logged or displayed?
it's not in the Apache logs and an exception isn't being raised. I'll
have a deeper look and see if I can debug what's going on.

To answer your q:

We're using a subversion repo and I'm using "svn diff [path] >
diff_file.diff" to create the diff.

F.