How do people annotate reviews prior to posting them publicly? When preparing a new review, I like to annotate the code with comments that describe the reasoning behind my choices. These comments help guide the reviewer through the changes. It is great when these annotations are tied to lines in the code. When I try to annotate the code prior to a review, the diff tool lets me bring up the dialog, but it doesn't let me save my comments. I have been able to enter comments into the "review" tab, and then publish them, but they don't seem to be tied to a code line. Am I doing something wrong?
The alternative that I'm using now is to write a long description of the change and put my annotations in the description field, using a file.cpp:# text to guide the reviewer. There must be a better way? Along these lines, I also would love to have the option of ordering the files within the diff semantically. By ordering the files carefully I can again help guide the reviewer through the review by showing, for example, the changes to a header before the associated .cpp file. Ironically, the alphabetical ordering tends to put code files (.cpp) ahead of headers with the same name. How do other people annotate their reviews to help guide the reviewer? --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
