How do people annotate reviews prior to posting them publicly?

When preparing a new review, I like to annotate the code with comments
that describe the reasoning behind my choices.  These comments help
guide the reviewer through the changes.  It is great when these
annotations are tied to lines in the code.  When I try to annotate the
code prior to a review, the diff tool lets me bring up the dialog, but
it doesn't let me save my comments.  I have been able to enter
comments into the "review" tab, and then publish them, but they don't
seem to be tied to a code line.  Am I doing something wrong?

The alternative that I'm using now is to write a long description of
the change and put my annotations in the description field, using a
file.cpp:# text to guide the reviewer.  There must be a better way?

Along these lines, I also would love to have the option of ordering
the files within the diff semantically.  By ordering the files
carefully I can again help guide the reviewer through the review by
showing, for example, the changes to a header before the
associated .cpp file. Ironically, the alphabetical ordering tends to
put code files (.cpp) ahead of headers with the same name.

How do other people annotate their reviews to help guide the reviewer?
To post to this group, send email to