On Oct 6, 5:39 pm, "Christian Hammond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Once a review has been "set submitted", is there the concept of
> > finding the change number that fixed it? The only way I can see is
> > ensuring a bug tracker is used than clicking through to that. Do other
> > people edit the review with the change number before "set submitted"
> > or is this not something anyone has a need for?
>
> This is highly dependent on the version control system and we'd need a hook
> script that updated Review Board, along with a way to tell the hook script
> which review request had the submitted diff.

> Once that's figured out we'd need to figure out how best to update the
> review request with this new information. Post-1.0, we could provide a field
> indicating which revision the code was committed in, and then provide API
> for scripts to set this. At the moment we don't have much of anything for
> this, though, but if someone wanted to write it we'd take it, and it would
> probably be fairly easy.

I guess there are two parts to this:

1) How do I get a change set id (manually) attached to a submitted
review
2) How do I get my SCM submission to update ReviewBoard automatically?

I was thinking of #1 above and based on your comments this is
something that is considered a post 1.0 feature. This maybe something
I can look into, at the moment this is fairly low on my list of needs
(top of my list is the integration a plugin to ReviewBoard for our
bespoke SCM).

#2 probably falls on to the bug tracking system (if there is one). So
long as we have an api (I suspect there is one) to set a review as
submitted this isn't Review Board's problem. Looks like I maybe doing
some integration with our bug system too :-)

> I think this is due to bug 640
> (http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=640), which I'll try
> to look into tonight.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Chris