Review board works with remote SVN repositories.  This is how
http://reviews.review-board.org is set up (SVN lives on google code,
review board lives on a VM hosted in a colo).

There's not currently a way to make sure the repository is added
correctly beyond posting a diff correctly. One thing that may help
with posting diffs is to use the post-review tool (which lives in
contrib/tools/ in the reviewboard directory). This will also behave
much better with moved/branched files.

-David