In the diff viewer, for new files, only one version of the file is
show (because only 1 exists). I would like our code reviews to be more
about reviewing a file in a given state, not simply a diff. Is there
anyway to create your diff so that the diff viewer will only show a
single version of the file, as specified by the diff file? This would
avoid the side by side of the same file, which I am sure is extremely
useful, but for how we work, is something we'd like to be able to
bypass if we could.

By the way, this is ideal for reviewers who are looking at the code
for the first time, who need to review the entire file, not just the
diff from version X to Y.