For brand new files, you do have to "svn add" before Subversion will see
that it needs to be committed or included in a diff. Subversion doesn't
automatically assume any new file in the repository should be committed. If
it did, a lot of temporary files (*.o, *.pyc, *.so etc.) would be
automatically put in the repository.

Christian Hammond - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
VMware, Inc.