Hi,

After moving and updating from a ReviewBoard SVN installation to a rb-site
installation, the site still used bad paths for htdocs/media and alike. I
wanted to fix those in "Home<http://lisette.euresys.com/admin/db/> >
Siteconfig<http://lisette.euresys.com/admin/db/siteconfig/> > Site
configurations<http://lisette.euresys.com/admin/db/siteconfig/siteconfiguration/>
 >" in the admin interface of django. Unfortunately, after editing those
ReviewBoard fails miserably with this error:

2009-01-02 02:05:54,986 - WARNING - JSONField decode error. Expected dictionary,
 got string for input '"{u'mail_host_password': u'', u'cache_backend': u'locmem:
//',
*** CROPPED FOR BRIEVITY AND SECURITY REASONS ***
 u'site_admin_name': u'Example Joe'}"'

After that, the only way to get ReviewBoard running again is to use a backup
copy of the database. The database uses SQLite. The versions used are:
  ReviewBoard-0.9.dev_20081230-py2.4.egg
  Djblets-0.4.dev_20081230-py2.4.egg
  Django-1.0.2_final-py2.4.egg
  django_evolution-0.0.0-py2.4.egg

The error is raised in djblets/utils/fields.py. A comment says:

        # XXX We need to investigate why this is happening once we have
        #     a solid repro case.

Saving a change in the Django admin interface is a reproducible way to get the
error. I tried several times. Unfortunately, I dont't know Django and Djblets
well enough to fix this. (And my colleages don't like it when I break the DB :)
)

Happy new year,
Francois Beerten.

________________________________

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be
privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee. If you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission by error please notify the
sender immediately and then delete this email. EURESYS shall not be liable for
any loss of or damage to revenues, profits, goodwill, data, information systems
or other special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages of
any kind arising in connection with the use of information contained in this
mail or its attachments. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure
or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore is in no
way liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message, which
may arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is required,
please request a hard copy. Please note that neither EURESYS, nor the sender
accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan
attachments (if any).