Hey everyone.

We've released Review Board 1.0 alpha 1 tonight. This is basically a
snapshot of tonight's nightly build, which we've considered to be stable
enough for an alpha release. See

If you're using nightlies, you're going to be automatically switched over to
official releases from nightlies the next time you upgrade. The Getting
Started guide (http://www.review-board.org/docs/GettingStarted) has some
instructions on switching back to nightlies if you prefer to use those.
While we do recommend using a stable release, those of you who have been
contributing in the past and feel comfortable staying on the nightlies
should do so. It'll help us to stabilize for 1.0.

We're going to be entering a feature freeze before too long, so if you have
any feature contributions up for review that still need changes made, they
probably won't make it for 1.0 unless there's an update soon. We'll get
these remaining features into the release following 1.0. If it's something
critical, we might take it on a case-by-case basis. And, of course, we'll
definitely continue to take bug fixes.

On an important note, those running a site directly out of SVN (as opposed
to running "python setup.py install" out of SVN) are going to find your
installs broken soon. We've been holding off for a long time on fixing the
directory structure in the source tree, and we really need to do this before
1.0. If you're still doing this, please try to switch over to an installed
setup using our rb-site tool. We'll be glad to work with you on any
migration problems if they arise.

Thanks to everyone who's helped out with Review Board so far. We hit both
our 100th and 101st contributor tonight (counting those who have code in the
tree). We really couldn't have done this without the help of the people on
here reporting bugs, contributing to the code and documentation, and
providing support on this mailing list. So again, thank you all.

Christian Hammond - chip...@chipx86.com
VMware, Inc.