Hello! I'd like to hear, understand and perhaps discuss how GIT support is implemented in ReviewBoard.
Right now I'm looking at contrib/tools/post-review|GitClient and frankly speaking not completely understand the _goals_ of the code. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems that most of the code is written with the idea of a single centralized repository and all methods more suitable for CVS or SVN. For example when one have a traditional centralized SCM the only way to implement a pre-commit review is to make a diff against a revision which is already checked in and then send this diff for a review. From other hand if you have a distributed SCM, it's much more convenient to make a local commit (or even a series of commits!) and then send this commit (or commits) for review (or multiple reviews). Thus we can support things like ``git add -i'', automatic review title/summary generation etc. On the server side it becomes possible to correctly handle renames or copyings, binary diffs, handle cherry-picks and merges etc. However I'm just started to work with ReviewBoard (although I have some experience with SmartBear's CodeCollaborator) and perhaps I didn't notice significant issues or maybe current code processing model simply doesn't allow easy incorporation of these changes. Best regards, Alexey Morozov --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
