Hello!

I'd like to hear, understand and perhaps discuss how GIT support is
implemented in ReviewBoard.

Right now I'm looking at contrib/tools/post-review|GitClient and frankly
speaking not completely understand the _goals_ of the code.
Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems that most of the code is written with the idea
of a single centralized repository and all methods more suitable for CVS or
SVN.

For example when one have a traditional centralized SCM the only way to
implement a pre-commit review is to make a diff against a revision which is
already checked in and then send this diff for a review. From other hand if
you have a distributed SCM, it's much more convenient to make a local commit
(or even a series of commits!) and then send this commit (or commits) for
review (or multiple reviews). Thus we can support things like ``git add -i'',
automatic review title/summary generation etc.

On the server side it becomes possible to correctly handle renames or
copyings, binary diffs, handle cherry-picks and merges  etc.

However I'm just started to work with ReviewBoard (although I have some
experience with SmartBear's CodeCollaborator) and perhaps I didn't notice
significant issues or maybe current code processing model simply doesn't
allow easy incorporation of these changes.

Best regards,
Alexey Morozov