There's no concept of ignoring certain files, other than what your SCM

Usually, auto-generated Makefiles constructed at build time aren't included
in the source tree, so they get left out of the diff. If they're tracked by
your repository and not ignored by it, then they'll be included, and since
we depend on the tool for the SCM in post-review for generating these diffs,
it's mostly out of our control.

Christian Hammond -
Review Board -
VMware, Inc. -

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 7:46 AM, ticica <> wrote:

> The makefiles in our projects are very large (store a lot of
> autogenerated dependency information). This makes the diff for review
> very large. Is there a way to limit the diff to exclude certain
> portions of a file, or a whole file perhaps?

To post to this group, send email to