Looks like your LDAP server doesn't support the "givenName" field, which our
code requires. What LDAP server are you using?

If you feel at all comfortable with Python and happen to know what field
should contain the first name of the user, you can look at modifying
reviewboard/accounts/backends.py.

Can you please file a bug on this with the LDAP server info?

Christian

-- 
Christian Hammond - [email protected]
Review Board - http://www.review-board.org
VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com


On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Noam Bunder <[email protected]> wrote:

> I enabled logging and this is what I see:
>
> 2009-04-23 06:40:22,467 - WARNING - An error while LDAP-authenticating:
> KeyError('givenName',)
>
> I am using the following settings:
>
> LDAP Server: ldap://<myldapserver>.com:389
> Base DN: cn=users,dc=mycompany,dc=com
> E-Mail Domain: mycompany.com
> E-Mail LDAP Attribute: mail
> User Mask: (uid=%s)
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
>
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Christian Hammond <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> Enable logging and check the resulting error logs after you authenticate.
>> There may be more information there, which will at least tell us which error
>> you hit.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> --
>> Christian Hammond - [email protected]
>> Review Board - http://www.review-board.org
>> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com
>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Noam <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> I set up the LDAP settings that I use with all of the other open
>>> source tools that we are using here at the company I work for, however
>>> the authentication does not seem to be working.  Any advice on how to
>>> figure out whats wrong?
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to