Review Board is fully UTF-8-compliant, but it requires that your database be made with UTF-8, or that you convert it to UTF-8. Creating a new database with UTF-8 will be easier, but if you want to convert it, you'll be able to find instructions through a quick Google search.
If you're using MySQL, then this link might be helpful: http://codesnippets.joyent.com/posts/show/84 Note that I haven't tried these instructions myself. I would just recommend starting with a new database if you don't have anything on that server yet. Again, if MySQL, you can do: CREATE DATABASE reviewboard CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci; Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.review-board.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 8:36 PM, marshall <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi ALL: > new updates. it seems related to gnus tools dependency. after I add > unxutil bin to system PATH. the error disappear! really strange. but > there's another problem emerges. I can't save review contains chinese > characters. do reviewboard support unicode ? or need some special > tweaks? > > regards > Marshall > > On May 6, 7:25 pm, marshall <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi Christian: > > Thanks for your help. I'll try Ubuntu installation. > > > > Regards > > Marshall > > > > On May 6, 1:14 pm, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > Hi Marshall, > > > > > Our logging is not very extensive. We wouldn't have any logging in > place for > > > this call at all. The information you have is all that's available > without > > > modifying code. > > > > > Christian > > > > > -- > > > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > > > Review Board -http://www.review-board.org > > > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com > > > > > On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM, marshall <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > > > > Hi Christian: > > > > Thanks for quick reply. I think if I can solve the logging problem. I > > > > can get more info I need. any idea why enable logging doesn't > > > > working ? > > > > Since the Windows Error Code 2 is from CreateProcess call. it means > > > > The system cannot find the file specified. if i can log the command > > > > line reviewboard used .maybe I can figure out why. > > > > > > Regards > > > > Marshall > > > > > > On May 6, 11:42 am, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > It may be in your PATH, but it could be that your server isn't > seeing it > > > > for > > > > > some reason. Otherwise, I don't really have much advice off-hand, > not > > > > having > > > > > hit this (I do work on Linux primarily), but maybe someone else has > hit a > > > > > case of this failing without it being a PATH issue. > > > > > > > Christian > > > > > > > -- > > > > > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > > > > > Review Board -http://www.review-board.org > > > > > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com > > > > > > > On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 7:22 PM, marshall <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > > > > > > Hi ALL: > > > > > > I just installed reviewboard 1.0 RC1 on an XP sp2 machine with > Apache > > > > > > + MySQL + Subversion configure.the installation is smooth. and I > can > > > > > > upload svn diff files. but when I push the "ViewDiff" button. I > always > > > > > > got this error message: > > > > > > [Error 2] > > > > > > > > Traceback (most recent call last): > > > > > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.0rc1-py2.5.egg > > > > > > \reviewboard\diffviewer\views.py", line 152, in view_diff > > > > > > interdiffset, highlighting, True) > > > > > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.0rc1-py2.5.egg > > > > > > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 620, in > get_diff_files > > > > > > large_data=True) > > > > > > File > "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\Djblets-0.5rc1-py2.5.egg\djblets > > > > > > \util\misc.py", line 143, in cache_memoize > > > > > > data = lookup_callable() > > > > > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.0rc1-py2.5.egg > > > > > > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 619, in <lambda> > > > > > > enable_syntax_highlighting), > > > > > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.0rc1-py2.5.egg > > > > > > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 342, in get_chunks > > > > > > new = get_patched_file(old, filediff) > > > > > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.0rc1-py2.5.egg > > > > > > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 258, in > get_patched_file > > > > > > return patch(filediff.diff, buffer, filediff.dest_file) > > > > > > File "c:\python25\lib\site-packages\ReviewBoard-1.0rc1-py2.5.egg > > > > > > \reviewboard\diffviewer\diffutils.py", line 107, in patch > > > > > > stderr=subprocess.STDOUT) > > > > > > File "C:\Python25\Lib\subprocess.py", line 594, in __init__ > > > > > > errread, errwrite) > > > > > > File "C:\Python25\Lib\subprocess.py", line 822, in > _execute_child > > > > > > startupinfo) > > > > > > WindowsError: [Error 2] > > > > > > > > I have searched the group and look at the subprocess.py code. It > seems > > > > > > related to the command line invoke of patch.exe. but I have gnu > patch > > > > > > in my system path. and i can invoke it from windows command > window. so > > > > > > can anyone suggest my further move ? besides the logging seems > not > > > > > > working either. I enable logging in the admin panel. but the logs > dir > > > > > > have no files. > > > > > > Any feedback is appreciated! thanks for your help. I really > really > > > > > > want to use this pretty software in my group. > > > > > > > > Regards > > > > > > > > Marshall > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
