Hi David,

The 1.0.x releases don't support svn+ssh, but the 1.1 in-development
releases do. I would not suggest using 1.1 in production yet though, as
there will be bugs.

Right now, if at all possible, you should set up the SVN repository so that
it can be accessed (read-only) through HTTP.

As for SVN 1.6, this depends entirely on the libsvn and pysvn versions on
the system. You will need pysvn 1.7.x. I have not personally tested this
release, so if there are problems let us know and we'll address them. In
theory, it should be compatible.