On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:49 AM, JohnHenry <qhlonl...@163.com> wrote:
> Hi,all,
>    It seems that the ReviewBoard help Review code with a Human
> positive process, But somtimes a programmer may lazy to make code
> review process and commit his code directly. So is there any way to
> force all RB users in a ReviewGroup to make pre-commit review? say, If
> somebody write new code and commit to CVS without doing pre-commit
> review request, or if not all his Reviewers admit his commit, His cvs
> commit operation would come into false.

If you use git, you can set up the master git repo to only accept
fast-forwards and to not allow changes to the checked-out branch, and
check out 'master'.  Then you can make people push to separate
branches for each change, review from those branches, and require that
a different person (the reviewer maybe) merge the branch to 'master'.

If you use svn, you can set up a commit hook on the server which
prevents commit unless a review has passed.  This would be a little
bit of work, but I found another (less mature) code review product
which already works like that.  Maybe you can steal the script.  You
can search for "code review" on freshmeat.net - I forget what it was
called.  This feature was demonstrated in a youtube video.