With CVS you can write pre-commit scripts. In our repository, we are
required to input a valid defect ID as the first item in the commit log. CVS
looks up that defect ID and checks for the results of a review request.
Alternatively, you could require the developers to include the review id in
the commit log, then it is easy to look it up on reviewboard.

Scott