Doesnt the firstname, lastname and email set the values only on
auth_user table? If its only setting it locally in the reviewboard
database,  wouldnt it be possible to include those variables even if
the "auth_backend" is not "builtin"?

The current preferences screen shows those 3 variables only if
auth_backend is builtin.

-- Raja