Hi Stephen,

You could modify the list of dependencies to not require it, and then patch
the code to conditionally use it (it might be conditional today). You'd have
to go this route for each version, though.

There's not much we can do on our side without complicating things. The goal
is to make installation as simple as possible for most users, and
introducing the requirement to manually install dependencies like this goes
against that. So we're going to continue bundling reCAPTCHA, for the
time-being. I'd really like down the road to be able to auto-install these
packages from within Review Board, but that's a ways off.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:20 AM, Stephen Gallagher <step...@gallagherhome.com