On 03/09/2010 03:24 PM, Christian Hammond wrote: > Hi Stephen, > > You could modify the list of dependencies to not require it, and then > patch the code to conditionally use it (it might be conditional > today). You'd have to go this route for each version, though. > > There's not much we can do on our side without complicating things. > The goal is to make installation as simple as possible for most users, > and introducing the requirement to manually install dependencies like > this goes against that. So we're going to continue bundling reCAPTCHA, > for the time-being. I'd really like down the road to be able to > auto-install these packages from within Review Board, but that's a > ways off. > > Christian
Eh, I can handle packaging python-reCAPTCHA and including it, I was just curious if there was a sensible way to avoid the dependency, especially since I suspect that most deployments won't use it (instead tying into LDAP, Active Directory or other pre-existing user store) -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
