I think that, perhaps, a better approach to this would be to allow the
user to download the full modified file (not the patch) so they can use
their own diff tool.

For example, before I first started with ReviewBoard, I worked with a
small internal tool (Python script) which would take a (Perforce)
changelist and copy it to a network share in a /<changelist>/1 folder,
copy the "base" Perforce revision to /<changelist>/base, and prepare an
XML file which specified the share location and share number (named
something other than .xml so Windows users could associate a command
with it) and email that file to interested users.

The user would then run a Python script which would read the file and
run Araxis Merge (or Beyond Compare or WinDiff or...) against the
relevant files.

I think this kind of structure would be quite easy to mimic with
ReviewBoard if we could simply download the full file, and then users
could use any tool they desire to view the diffs (and, for the most
part, the RB built in diff is 1239781092378912% easier to use for small
changes anyways J )

Dana Lacoste

PS: I know that "download the full file" is a feature on the backlog for
some future release J