Hi,

If you're seeing things fail past only 5 concurrent users, there might be
some configuration problems on your server. We know of servers with several
hundreds of concurrent users without failures.

Can you tell me a bit about the specs of your server? How many CPUs, what
speed, and RAM size?

Are you using memcached for caching?

At what point are you hitting issues? What pages?

Setting up Apache for load balancing is a bit beyond the scope of this
mailing list. There are lots of howtos out there for load balancing Apache.
It should work just fine with Review Board instances.