On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 15:29, mohan kumar <mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> apache (httpd) uses more cpu and memory:
>
>  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 14071 apache    25   0  449m 116m 6124 R 89.0  2.1   0:34.34 httpd

Hm, just had a secons look at your first memory statistics mail. I may
be mistaken, but ~ 5.7 GB of buffers seems suspicious. Is there
anything else on the machine in addition to RB?

Apart from that, is there only a single httpd process? I have used
apache in threaded mode in the past, but went back to the prefork
model as that turned out to be much more reliable for me. If you use
prefork, make sure that the number of available (idle) forks matches
your load requirements. Forking mostly uses COW, so having a couple of
extra idle workers is typically not as expensive as it may initially
seem.

Regards,
Thilo