Ian,

  We try this in our company but let me clarify. There is few
protocols/methods which can authorize You: Kerberos, NTML, SSPI but
that You are really talking about is SPNEGO - One Single Sign On
Microsoft Implementation. They can be in many ways (Kerberos in
Firefox or Google Chrome or e.g. NTLM in IE) but this authorization is
Server manner - not application.
  What You want from Review Board is to recognize, consider and trust
username found in REMOTE_USER variable passed from Web (in Your
situation Apache) server. Am I correct?

Regards,