On Oct 24, 11:06 am, Thor Simon <t...@panix.com> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 7:18 pm, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
>
> > What it tries to fetch varies between setups, as it's dependent on the
> > operating system and such.
>
> It sure doesn't look to me like it varies between setups, not for
> p4python.tgz.  So I am really flummoxed about what's going on,
> particularly since I can fetch that file (ftp://ftp.perforce.com/
> perforce/r08.2/bin/tools/p4python.tgz) using the command-line FTP
> client on the same host with no trouble at all.

...and as soon as I fire up tcpdump, the problem is gone!  Sigh.

I wonder just _what_ the intermittent issue is, here.  I'm sure it
will hit others.

Now, a new question:  It gets much further in the easy_install but
eventually exits like this:

|   byte-compiling /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/P4.py to
P4.pyc
|   running install_egg_info
|   Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/P4Python-2008.2.egg-
info
|   No eggs found in /tmp/easy_install-0W6i_x/P4PythonInstaller/egg-
dist-tmp-8XWlcb (setup script problem?)

Is this expected/normal/harmless?

Thor