Eliding some details:

In Apache config, I changed:
PythonPath "['/usr/local/scripts/reviewboard', '/var/www/path/to/conf'] + sys.path"

And in the settings, I set the custom auth module to "custom.backends.OurActiveDirectory"

And then I've got a folder
/usr/local/scripts/reviewboard/custom/
  backends.py

... and backends.py has a modified LDAP authentication with name "OurActiveDirectory".

When I run that, I get an error:

No module named "custom.backends".

The Python Path shown in the error message clearly shows '/usr/local/scripts/reviewboard' in the path.

I can't figure out why Django doesn't see my backends.py file.  Any tips?

-Eric.