Hi Tom,

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Tom <december1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if it would be possible to have a 'collapse all' (and
> perhaps 'expand all') option in the header of each file diff in the
> diff view? Currently, there is only a global expand-all/collapse-all
> option.

Seems like a reasonable option. We have some very specific focuses for
the current release, but if someone wanted to work on this and submit
as a patch, I'd be for getting it in.

> There's also the question of making it more fine grained by providing
> a collapse option to collapse just the hidden section that was
> expanded? (But then the issue of where to put this collapse option
> without it getting in the way of the expanded section might be a
> tricky one to get right.)

That's something I've wrestled with for a while, and have avoided
doing until we have a solid plan for it.

Something that's frequently requested is to be able to expand in
smaller increments, which I think reduces the need for the collapse.
For example, expand by 5 lines, 10 lines, 20, or to the nearest
function/class (as indicated by the header, in 1.5). I spent some time
on this recently and there are some issues with doing it right. Maybe
it'll find its way into 1.6, but no promises yet.