Hi Tom, On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Tom <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering if it would be possible to have a 'collapse all' (and > perhaps 'expand all') option in the header of each file diff in the > diff view? Currently, there is only a global expand-all/collapse-all > option.
Seems like a reasonable option. We have some very specific focuses for the current release, but if someone wanted to work on this and submit as a patch, I'd be for getting it in. > There's also the question of making it more fine grained by providing > a collapse option to collapse just the hidden section that was > expanded? (But then the issue of where to put this collapse option > without it getting in the way of the expanded section might be a > tricky one to get right.) That's something I've wrestled with for a while, and have avoided doing until we have a solid plan for it. Something that's frequently requested is to be able to expand in smaller increments, which I think reduces the need for the collapse. For example, expand by 5 lines, 10 lines, 20, or to the nearest function/class (as indicated by the header, in 1.5). I spent some time on this recently and there are some issues with doing it right. Maybe it'll find its way into 1.6, but no promises yet. Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
