What I mean is that both windows seem to have approximately 40 blank
chars at the end of each source line, which then requires me to use
the horizontal slider to be able to actually compare the lines
visually. I believe that the lines in the source file may be quite
long (eg: 120 chars). Is it possible to display say only an 80-column
width for the window on the left, and an 80-column width for the
window on the right? That would trim off these blank characters which
seem to be present, and allow me to more easily compare the lines from
each file. Unfortunately I can't provide a screenshot, since it's a
customer's code...

Thanks for your help.