Hi,

While Windows is definitely a harder platform to support (depending on where
you get your Python and various modules from, different compatibility
problems may occur), many people do use it. This is the first time I've
heard of this particular problem you're having.

How did you install GNU patch and Python?

What version of Windows are you using?

I would *strongly* recommend moving to a Linux system, whether a dedicated
machine or a VM.