Correct.  The patches were successful but are no longer working.  I
believe I have the issue pinned down to the URL mask.  We are
currently using mask similar to

But this returns the HEAD version and not the correct revision
specified.  Comparing this to the local GIT mechanism using 'cat-file'
which does return the correct version.  Returning the HEAD version
ends up causing the patch call to fail because it appears changes have
already been applied.

Not sure how they configured Gitorious on the back end and still
investigating that but I believe the following commands should return
identical contents but for some reason they are not.

$ git cat-file blob 175314a22f19aa44c0f074917601f912be2f84d4

$ wget
http://<server>/blobs/raw/175314a22f19aa44c0f074917601f912be2f84d4/core/util-client/.classpath

Could be that we just never noticed that it was pulling the HEAD or if
they recently updated the backend and something is now broke.

Thanks
--Michael

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Using Gitorious should be fine. These are patches that used to work with
> Gitorious and no longer do? Are they full SHA1s or short SHA1s?

> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 4:42 AM, Michael Milbrath <m.milbr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> We've been using Review Board with Gitorioius for awhile now without
>> any problems using a URL mask as illustrated below.  Recently we've
>> had problems with the patch getting applied to older reviews that were
>> previously successful.  The error is similar to
>> http://code.google.com/p/reviewboard/issues/detail?id=1873.  In my
>> random testing I noticed that using a locally sync'd repository versus
>> using the URL mask seems to work although haven't done thorough
>> testing nor investigation into the source code.
>>
>> Is this a known issue?  Is it better to use a local sync than using
>> the URL Mask with Gitoriious.
>>
>> URL Mask:
>>
>> --
>> Michael D. Milbrath