Yes, thanks David and Christian for the tips on configuration that
enabled us to finally track down the mis-configuration. The final,
working configuration has the 'p4 info' name in the repository Path
and the proxy in the Mirror Path.

We still have somewhat of an issue with proxies, however. When the
server to which the proxy directs clients changes, Review Board stops
working until we manually update the configuration with the "new"
value from 'p4 info'. For example, we had things working at the end of
last week, but a weekend fail-over of the Perforce server changed the
result of 'p4 info' and everything stopped working again.

-Chris