On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM, MonicaS <castaneda.mon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a test server. My apache server runs as root.

httpd should run as user 'apache' on Fedora. The rpm installed with
yum will install it that way, don't change it, and don't install
apache httpd from source.

> I defined that I wanted to use fastcgi.

Use WSGI.

> I modified the httpd.conf file and I added at the end of the file the
> file generated from reviewboard called apache-fastcgi.conf.

The config file generated by rb-site should be put in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/. You very rarely have to edit
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, unless you really know what you are doing.

> What am I doing wrong?

If this is testing for a real deployment, I would start over. Fedora
is not a good server OS, it EOLs after 13 months and stops getting
security updates. CentOS 6 is Red Hat-based and has a long life-cycle.
Or use Ubuntu LTS or Debian stable.

If you go with Red Hat-based, install everything from packages in yum
repositories. With CentOS you can use the EPEL repository.

An install on CentOS 6 would looks something like this, depending on
the database and VCS you use:

Install the packages:
# sudo rpm -ivh
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-5.noarch.rpm
# sudo yum groupinstall "Web Server" "MySQL Database"
# sudo yum install ReviewBoard mod_wsgi memcached python-memcached git

Configure and start memcached:
# sudo vi /etc/sysconfig/memcached
    CACHESIZE="2048" # Or however much (in MB) RAM you want memcached to use.
# sudo chkconfig memcached on
# sudo service memcached start

Start mysqld:
# sudo chkconfig mysqld on
# sudo service mysqld start

Create an empty database:
# mysql -u root
    CREATE DATABASE reviewboard;
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON reviewboard.* TO 'reviewboard'@'localhost'
IDENTIFIED BY 'yourpassword';

Create site, it will create files and load the database:
# sudo rb-site install /var/www/reviewboard

Modify permission where apache has to write:
# sudo chown -R apache:apache /var/www/reviewboard/htdocs/media/uploaded
# sudo chown -R apache:apache /var/www/reviewboard/data

Copy the apache config:
# sudo cp /var/www/reviewboard/conf/apache-wsgi.conf
/etc/httpd/conf.d/reviewboard.conf

Start apache:
# sudo chkconfig httpd on
# sudo service httpd restart

I'm probably missing something, but that's pretty close to a complete install.

Hope that helps,
Anton