Access control can be enabled on a per-group or per-repository level.
See these documentation pages for detail:

http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.6/admin/configuration/repositories/#access-control
http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.6/admin/configuration/review-groups/#access-control

-David