On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Chris Tooley <ch...@tooley.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Robert Munteanu <
> robert.munte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:35 PM, ctooley <ctoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We've been evaluating tools and part of that evaluation is the Review
>>> Board Mylyn connector. It's rather helpful, but appears to be in some
>>> early stages.
>>>

>> Yes, indeed it is in early stages. Itches get scratched as time allows it,
>> as this is a non-commercial development. I will add the features which are
>> more important for me at first - and posting diffs was a pain point at $WORK
>> .
>>

> I understand. If I can convince the team at my company to commit to using
> Review Board we'll look into assisting.

That would be fantastic. Hopefully you will be able to do that :-)

>>> Things that seem to be missing:
>>> Connectors to other repo types (obviously)
>>>

>> Connector to other repo types can be added , even without touching the
>> core connector source code, although the extension points are shifting
>> rapidly as I have not yet settled down on the APIs. The Subclipse
>> integration is completely decoupled from the base plugins.
>>

> I would like to see the API settle down before implementing something
> additional obviously. I'd be interested in seeing a discussion about where
> that should go.

Let me know if/when you will start using the plugin and I we can start
discussing the API. This particular group is probably not the best fit for
this discussion, so I will create such a group then.

For now, there are two extension points:

1. Retrieving the contents of a file from SCM
2. Contributing custom actions for a certain Diff .

>> Ability to perform a review (review creation works, commenting does
>>> not)
>>>
>> Ability to see comments that are "inline". You can see that there are
>>> comments there, but not what they are.
>>>

>> Inline comments are on the table for the next release, which will be based
>> on the support offered by the Mylyn Reviews project . Performing reviews
>> from the compare editor should be possible as well, but not immediately.
>>

> Being able to see the comments would be immensely helpful. Performing the
> reviews from the compare editor would be nice, but the existing web ui is so
> good it becomes an inhibitor to implementing this (isn't that a good problem
> to have?).

Yes, that's a fantastic problem to have. This is why my initial focus was on
posting / updating diffs, but I should be moving into displaying comments
soon.

Robert

>> These features should end up similar to
>> http://eclipse.org/mylyn/new/#gerrit ( Search for 'View Review Content'
>> and 'Add Comments' ).
>>
>> If you do have the possibility to contribute code to the project, I'd be
>> more than happy to review and merge such improvements.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Robert

>>> start

>>> posted
>>> github.com/rombert/ereviewboard/wiki/Subclipse-integration.

>>> update

>>> http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/

>> Sent from my (old) computer
>>
>>  --