After sending this, I got a little closer to the cause, but not a solution.

I am using reviewboard with a private Bitbucket repository and it looks
like this doesn't work.  Looking at the files it is trying to patch,
instead of patching my code, it is trying to patch the html output by
bitbucket login page.  Does anyone know of a solution?

Dave