I must confess that I feel compelled to ask: what is the use case you're
trying to enforce?
I mean, what's the point of limiting someone to see *his own* changes? or
the comments? (which the poor sod would receive anyway, unless you suggest
to intercept the email...)

the only explanation I could come up with is that you give them a 'red
pill' (or was it blue?) after the push....

honestly, I'm curious: I feel like I'm missing out on something that may be
big!